begin  Keith Antoine's  quote:

| Ok so I do have the right release disk here. I like grub myself but
| most do not, what I am doing is to copy tye disk to HD and start
| upgrading it. I also want to alter the install and add a bit in
| like, lilo/grub choice install, recognotion of tv cards and camera
| memory card readers etc. NO devfs though. Choice of installing a WM
| or not.
|
| Now I am not a software man so I will need _HELP_ and also some
| reccomendations/feedback from the list.

i propose that the resulting distribution be called "skippy," and i
for one will rush to put it on every machine here.

also, 2.4 had both lilo and grub, though the latter was the default, i
believe. i remember distinctly not liking the change, but being
satisfied that lilo was also provided. and i believe that the version
they provided actually worked.
--
dep

http://www.linuxandmain.com -- outside the box, barely within the
envelope, and no animated paperclip anywhere.