On Thursday 23 May 2002 14:34, Jim Conner wrote:
> To turn a tarball into a rpm, check out checkinstall on freshmeat.  It had
> a problem with glibc(I think) on eD2.4 and wasn't reliable.  It works fine
> with W3.x though.
>
> Jim

I actually use checkinstall and have for a while but I am sure there is a prog
that will just start with a tarball and run with it from there.I know I am
being lazy but I could use something like that in an automated overnight
unattended manner.

--
Keith Antoine (GANDALF) aka 'skippy'
18 Arkana St, The Gap, Queensland 4061 Australia PH:61733002161