On Sunday 02 June 2002 11:15 pm, Keith Antoine wrote:
> On Monday 03 June 2002 07:56 am, you wrote:
> > Marianne Taylor spewed electrons into the ether that resembled:
> > > When using checkinstall to make the rpms for XFree 4.2 you need to use
> > > the no strip option. (--strip=no)  Otherwise should work
> > > as advertised.  I haven't done  KDE 3.01 yet!
> >
> > I *HIGHLY* recommend you edit checkinstallrc and turn stripping OFF
> > permanently. You never know when it's going to bite you in the arse
>
> There was only one instance, STRIP_ELF, which I turned off, =0. One thing
> that would help is that it keeps asking where the source dir is
> (usr/src/OpenLinux). How can I tell it where it is so as I do not have to
> keep typing it in. Tried
> # Storage directory for newly created packages
> # By default they will be stored at the default
> # location fot the package type
>
> PAK_DIR="/usr/src/OpenLinux"
>
> but still asks.

Edit the checkinstall script. Add OpenLinux manually:
# Find out the RPM source directory path

if ! [ "$RPMSOURCEDIR" ]; then
   RPMSOURCEDIR="NOT-FOUND"
   for directory in packages redhat RedHat rpm RPM OpenLinux "" ; do
    [ -d /usr/src/${directory}/SOURCES ] &&
RPMSOURCEDIR="/usr/src/${directory}"
   done
fi

HTH,
Tim

--
Caldera eWorkstation 3.1+, kernel 2.4.18-preempt, KDE 3.0.1, Xfree86 4.1.0
 12:00am  up 8 days,  6:53,  4 users,  load average: 0.85, 0.73, 0.71