On Monday 10 June 2002 11:05 pm, Keith Antoine wrote:
<snip>

> Why was it karking with pcre-3.4.3 installed and were did alsa go to,
> SHRUG, gremlins.

Indeed, gremlins.
Have you considered the possibility of failing hardware? Even relatively new
hardware croaks now and again. In fact, I've just had, of all things, a
floppy drive go up on me. Ended up being the reason I couldn't create a boot
floppy (after blowing thru many in my stack of old floppy disks I have laying
about).

> Anyway I must thank both of you for your suggestions which did at last get
> me there.

No thanks necessary, I'm glad you finally got it to work.

> BTW I have compiled so far base and arts plus admin and  artwork so its
> going well.

Woo hoo!

> > Off to work...
>
> Do you whistle whilst you do this ?

As seen on many a bumper sticker: I owe, I owe, it's off to work I go...
(sorry 'bout that ;-) )

Tim
--
Caldera eWorkstation 3.1+, kernel 2.4.18-preempt, KDE 3.0.1, Xfree86 4.1.0
  8:00pm  up 4 days, 17 min,  3 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00