On Tuesday 11 June 2002 04:53 am, Keith Antoine wrote:
> On Tuesday 11 June 2002 01:23 pm, Tim Wunder enshrined in prose:
> > Tim
>
> One other thing there are in the KDE downloads two .diff files one for libs
> one for network. How does one handle diff files ?

Got me on that one. Never noticed any .diff files. 'locate diff|grep kde'
doesn't list anything kde3 related. I got my source files from CVS (cvs co
-r=KDE_3_0_1_RELEASE...) about a week before the tarballs were released.

Isn't there any readme file explaining the diff file? You could ask on the
kde-linux list http://www.kde.org/mailinglists.html
Or, ask in IRC, someone might answer (I've had a 50% success rate with
questions on IRC).
irc://irc.openprojects.net/kde

HTH,
Tim

PS Once you get that all compiled and ready to go, you might wanna think about
getting the jump on kde3.0.2. It's getting close. Scheduled to be tagged in
CVS in about a week or so,
http://developer.kde.org/development-versions/kde-3.0-release-plan.html

--
Caldera eWorkstation 3.1+, kernel 2.4.18-preempt, KDE 3.0.1, Xfree86 4.1.0
  4:00am  up 4 days,  8:16,  3 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00