> > I have yet to find anywhere in
> > the bible that says "thou shalt give xx% of your yearly
> earnings to GOD"
> > JMHO
>
> A couple of quick references ...
>
>  Lev 27:30 And all the tithe of the land, whether of the seed
> of the land,
> or of the fruit of the tree, is the LORD'S: it is holy unto the LORD.
>  Lev 27:32 And concerning the tithe of the herd, or of the
> flock, even of
> whatsoever passeth under the rod, the tenth shall be holy
> unto the LORD.
>
> The answers are in there. (And they're no harder to find than Linux
> documentation :-)

But *so* open to interpretation.  When asked about taxes Jesus is quoted as
saying, "Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's, and unto God what is God's."
This tells me that money goes to the government and faith goes to God.
Doesn't sound like tithing to me.  But of course, for the Jewish faith this
bible passage doesn't count.

In Harmony's Way, and In A Chord,

Tom  :-})

Thomas A. Condon