On Tuesday 25 June 2002 14:43, you wrote:
> Nicely put.  I can't believe the number of people willing to hang their
> hat on chucking the Bible becuase of all sorts of inconsistencies without
> being able to list any.
>
> Inconsistencies

1. Book of Genesis: Two creation myths fused together to form an inconsistent
creation story. In the first fthe animals are created and then man is created
both male and female on the sixth day. Second story of Genesis God plants a
garden after the creation and plunks Adam into the garden on the second day
then he creates the animals and brings them to Adam to name. On the sixth day
he creates Eve from a rib of Adam, although he had already created Mrs Adam
on the sixth day of the first creation story "man both male and female." Must
assume that the first Mrs. Adam and kids were left to shift for themselves
after God snatched up Adam.

2. The Tree of knowledge. God told Adam and Eve that they could eat of any
the trees save one: the Tree of Knowledge." "For on the day that you do you
will surely die. They ate they didn't die. Book Thumpers try to get around
this little inconsistency by claimimg that man had been created immortal and
died after he was driven from the garden. This is negated by Genesis and the
Tree of Life. Contrary to the thumpers claims man was not driven from the
garden for disobeying God but because God feared that Adam and Eve would also
eat from the Tree of Life and become immortal with the knowledge of good and
evil and be like Gods themselves. The Snake ( and it was a serpent not the
Devil) hadn't lied he just didn't tell the whole truth. The claim of the
thumpers of Original Sin and death are negated by this part of Genesis.

3. This fear of Man's capabilities is also shown in the story of the Tower of
Babel. Man was not afflicted by God with different languages for
presumption. He was afflicted because of capability; for God said, "I see now
that man can do whatever he sets his mind to do." He claimed that man could
do this because he had a common language. So he fixed that by insuring that
everyone spoke his own tongue. Therefore we must lay every war that different
languages had a part in on God's doorstep. A second inconsistency is the
so-called infallibility of God. Somehow he had failed to notice the
capability of man.

Tune in next week kiddies when we go into the Real Story of Exodus

Lee