not right. As I have been finding out all modern switching technology can, and
most is accessable online. If not for real use just for setup and testing.
Many dams around me have very few employees actually onsite and all
instrumentation and actual control can and sometimes is done remotely from
miles away.
Some utilities on the east coast are experimenting with running internet along
the power lines, and reading meters also via net access along access lines.