Wow... yours and my XF86Config look almost identical...

The problem I'm having with my 8500 is when I run glxgears, the display gets
corrupted. It's sooooo.... bad that even the consoles are unusable and I end up
rebooting the box by typing blindly into a console...

It appears I'm missing something. Have you tweaked the xc/config/cf/hosts.def
file any? If you've made any tweaks to the X sources, please share those also...
:')

Thank you, in advance.