Jerry McBride wrote:
Wow... yours and my XF86Config look almost identical...

The problem I'm having with my 8500 is when I run glxgears, the display gets
corrupted. It's sooooo.... bad that even the consoles are unusable and I end up
rebooting the box by typing blindly into a console...

It appears I'm missing something. Have you tweaked the xc/config/cf/hosts.def
file any? If you've made any tweaks to the X sources, please share those also...
:')

Thank you, in advance.

Here's how I"m doing it:

make World BOOTSTRAPCFLAGS="-march=athlon-tbird -O4 -pipe"

then I ran 'X -configure'

And I copied my monitor refresh stuff from a previous xf86config run.

Another thing you might want to check- kernel modules and their versions.

I didn't tweak the X sources at all.

			Bob Raymond