On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 09:54:52AM +0800, m.w.chang wrote:

> is it possible to turn off all the permission support in ext2fs?

No.

> will that speed up disk access actually?

Probably not.

> if security can be quarateed at network port level, and that only I
> could login the machine at console, is there a need for file system
> security?

Security can't be guaranteed. With what you've just described, you
don't want Linux or Unix at all. You might as well use Windows 2000
or some such.

Kurt
--
"Ubi non accusator, ibi non judex."

(Where there is no police, there is no speed limit.)
                -- Roman Law, trans. Petr Beckmann (1971)