On Thursday 05 December 2002 01:06 pm, Brett I. Holcomb espoused:
> > Just for the record,
> >

> > Ahh..  The pain has stopped. It only took two short evenings to get this
> > working under linux. The scsi stuff is a pain. Knowing how to use modules
> > is a must. If I hadn't had to install a zip drive last year, another scsi
> > pretender, I would have been a lot longer doing this.
>
> No - the psuedo scsi stuff is a pain <G>.  Real SCSI just works <G>.
> Another reason I stick with real SCSI!

I have been burning with atapi scsi drives for 4 years without any problems
or any coasters. The cd disk speed that is quoted for the disk bought needs to
be adhered to though. Last week I did 100 copies of disks, no problems arose.

--
Keith Antoine (GANDALF) aka 'skippy'
18 Arkana St, The Gap, Queensland 4061 Australia PH:61733002161