Ronnie Gauthier wrote:

> I know lots of the problems with IDE burning is the CD and HD being on
> the same ribbon, as well as in direct CD2CD with the CDburner and
> CDreader on the same ribbon.

That is the problem with IDE burners.  For on-the-fly burning at high
speed the CDROM and CD-RW must be on separate IDE channels.
If slaving a CD-RW to a hard drive is not acceptable, then the CDROM
should be slaved to the CD-RW.
If you look at computers on sale in the various emporia, the CD-RW is
the "boot" or master CDROM.
In theory, Burn-Proof allows on-the-fly burning with the CDROM as
master, and the CD-RW as slave, on the secondary IDE channel.

As pointed out previously, SCSI burners avoid this IDE channel
congestion.

--
Leon A. Goldstein