On Fri, Dec 20, 2002 at 08:37:48AM -0500, Net Llama! wrote:
..
>Anyway, there's actually been talk of passing very similar legislation in
>the US (like a special tax on every CDR & CDRW purchased), so greed has no
>boundary or nationality.

``Government'' in our so-called Democracies consists of politicians gaining
power by appealing to special interests who think they can benefit at
somebody else's expense through the force of government (the quote below is
not random this time :-).

Bill

``Freedom from prices is freedom from responsibility. You can simply pass
laws, using the magic wand of government to satisfy your own desires at
unspecified costs to be paid by others.'' -- Thomas Sowell Aug 2000