Subject: Re: Nikon Coolpix 2500 & USB
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2002 23:38:09 -0500
From: Marvin Dickens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> I have come closest with Mandrake 8.2, have found references to the
> hpijs drivers, but so far don't have it working properly.

Well, I've got the printer working with RedHat 8.0, Mandrake 9.0 and Gentoo
(Revision is pointless because it is ports based). All three machine use CUP.
Regarding the print filter/driver, go here:

http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_driver.cgi?driver=hpijs

and get your printer system interface. Now, download the hpijs driver (Rev
1.3) and apply the patch that is found at:

http://www.linuxprinting.org/download/printing/hpijs/

to the hpijs driver. Compile/install driver and setup Cups using the printer
system interface. Worked for me everytime....

Best

Peck

/bin/laden > /dev/null 2>&1