My bias against VIA has come from years in the newsgroups where VIA has
again and again been the culprit because it wasn't compatible with (sound,
video, put product name here) cards.  You may have to lower the sound card
acceleration for example.  Yes, many of these have been windows systems but
at this point it was a hardware level problem.  Yes, many of these are game
machines but they do test the hardware <G> and when other chipsets had no
problems with the same setup - it's very suspiciouis.  And yes, VIA has
issued driver updates to fix these but why should I have to hassle with
this again and again - they need to do it right.  Any chipset manufacturer
can have a problem but VIA has had far too many over the years to suit me
so I don't allow them on the vendor list when I look at motherboards.

--
Brett I. Holcomb
[EMAIL PROTECTED]