I hope not.  That's a nasty business.  The Promise RAID drivers are in
the later kernels but I'm not sure how well they work.  My understanding
of the Promise is that most of the work is done by the drivers anyway,
so there's not much advantage over the in-kernel software RAID support.
I would tend to use that instead if the Promise gives you trouble.  That
doesn't help your Windows partition any though, so maybe not.