On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 05:59:49PM -0500, Joel Hammer wrote:
>Very nice story. I have found Knoppix to install easily, too. But, since
>I invest heavily in MS stock, please tell them you doubt they have the
>tech savvy to handle linux. They should wait until linux is more user
>friendly and supports more applications and more hardware. Meanwhile,
>they need to upgrade to XP or 2000, and be sure to pay all their license
>fees, or else. Be prepared to pay for regular updates. And, keep those
>licenses handy in case MS decides to audit their business. Maybe they
>need to upgrade their hardware, too, and better upgrade their antivirus
>software, and don't forget all those patches.  But, it's worth it to
>avoid all that hassle with linux.

I have four (4) blackmail letters sitting on my desk that came from the
Business Software Alliance today.  I hope the bastards come to audit our
systems (I have a shelf full of Micro$oft crap that came with systems that
I've never used, and would love a refund :-).

Bill

Bagdikian's Observation:
        Trying to be a first-rate reporter on the average American
        newspaper is like trying to play Bach's "St. Matthew Passion"
        on a ukelele.