On Tuesday 04 February 2003 13:35, Ted Ozolins wrote:
> dep wrote:
> >i agree. though i am not, from long experience, prepared to pronounce
> >nasa blameless. here's why:
> >
> >http://www.linuxandmain.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=318
>
> I agree with you, How lame-brain can the powers at NASA be to send a
> crew into space without even one space suite.  They saw the debris hit
> the wing on launch why were steps not taken to ensure that the tiles
> were not damaged.  They had a lot of options that were not taken and now
> seven brave pioneers paid the ultimate price for  for NASA's incompetent
> management. This is indeed a sad time.

What we are hearing here was that the astronauts were doomed at takeoff from
possible damage. We are also told that there was insufficient fuel for them
to rendezvous with the Space Station. We are also told that they had
insufficient supplies to wait for a rescue event, if it had been determined
as necessary, which it was not. The deck seems as if it was stacked.

--
Keith Antoine (GANDALF) aka 'skippy'
18 Arkana St, The Gap, Queensland 4061 Australia PH:61733002161