On Tuesday 04 February 2003 22:52, dep wrote:

> what is surprising is the continued arrogance of nasa in having never
> pondered having to rescue people from a crippled shuttle.

If memory serves me no space agency of any description has, or appeared to
have, any rescue agenda in place at anytime. What has happened in the past
was all cobbled together in situ with a lot of prayers. Wasn't it Arthur C
Clark who established, in about the late 40's early 50's, a rescue agenda
that was laughed at, at that time. Neither Russians nor NASA have seemed to
want to spend money on this, recalls to mind sub rescue operations in deep
water.

--
Keith Antoine (GANDALF) aka 'skippy'
18 Arkana St, The Gap, Queensland 4061 Australia PH:61733002161