On 02/22/03 01:49, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
After the comments on the list and seeing that the suport section of linksys's website listed a linux driver package for the card, I went out today and purchased a Linksys WMP11 (802.11b wireless pci card).

Upon inserting it into my machine, I discovered that I had basically a different card then the support section of the linksys website indicated. This card (version 2.7) now has a broadcom chipset, for which linux support seems nonexistant at this point.

I just fired off a somewhat angry email to the company (I had a bad experience with one of their ethernet adaptors a couple of years back, which listed linux support on the box but refused to work with the drivers included on disc in the box or any other available drivers). Hopefully I'll meet with success in returning the card.

Annoyingly, only this card and a DLink card (for which drivers were supposed to be released a few months ago but haven't appeared) seem to be locally obtainable (I haven't got a credit card, which makes online shopping somewhat akward).

David Aikema

Yea, the trial of tears is quite long on this one: http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=wmp11%20broadcom&safe=images&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&as_ugroup=*linux*&lr=lang_en&num=30&hl=en

i'm not sure where you live, but i do know that there are other options besides the orinoco chipset based cards. Cisco's aironet cards work quite well under linux (i use them).

you have no credit card? eeek, that's gotta make life rough.