[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
    Welp, I finally pulled the plug on the Caldera Users List. Been a subscriber
for 8 years..  The SCO MBA's (appropriately said earlier) really are clueless.
They are trying to get the big payoff so they can retire.

I can say that I have been retiring Caldera driven systems for about a year now. I rather like SUSE..

    Man has Caldera taken a dive. Hopefully I can get less of a loss on the IPO
stock that I have now.. I am planning my exit strategy before they go bankrupt..

Steve

P.S. If anyone has good reports on a Linux distro that works well with a Ultra
Sparc 2, and/or Mac G3(Yellowdog?), let me know..

For the Sparc, I'd recommend Aurora Linux. http://auroralinux.org I use it on an Ultra 5 and an E250. It's based on RH 7.3, kernel 2.4.18, and works very well.
I left the Caldera list about 8 months ago after a frustrating go-round with John Boland about their business methodology which he was firmly supportive of. I don't have any systems running anything of theirs anymore. I still believe it's one of the best examples (and will end up as such at Wharton) of a company going from first to worst in record setting time. I'm glad some of the good people there left before it became so embarrassing.
--
Andrew Mathews