On Sat, Mar 08, 2003 at 10:15:33PM -0800, Net Llama! wrote:
>On 03/08/03 20:33, Bill Campbell wrote:
>> I read about the OpenPKG system in SysAdmin magazine late last year.  It's
>> an RPM based system developed by Cable and Wireless in Europe to help them
>> maintain a large number of heterogeneous Unix and Linux systems for their
>> ISP operations.
>
>Isn't C&W the same group that is forcing much of Latin America to tax
>the hell out of VoIP, so that they can maintain their monopoly?

I wouldn't know about that (I posted the above incomplete when I got busy
and didn't have time to get into more detail about openpkg).

I've had a considerable number of exchanges with the people in the openpkg
development group, most of whom are with C&W, and have nothing but good
experiences with them.  Perhaps this is because they've liked my input, and
have taken several of my suggestions to improve things in openpkg,
incorporating them in the code very quickly.

Bill

``Unix is simple. It just takes a genius to understand its simplicity'' --
    Dennis Ritchie