Jerry McBride wrote:
I had the time to finally sit down and get gentoo installed on a laptop... And
here it is... WOW, whay cool...

It's lightyears different to Openlinux (my one and only linux experience) and I
have to admit I'm quite impressed with it. I more impressed that I'm able to
install (emerge) applications off the net from so many sources. There are gentoo
resource maintainers that are unlike anything I've ever experienced. Just about
anything you need is available for gentoo. The one an only app that I haven't
found in gentoo formage is MidnightCommander. That aside, I'm all ready
convinced that this is the direction I want to go... Linux... if I may... at
its' best.

Cheers all...

Oh no... here goes Collins. <g> Seriously, I'm gonna have to try it, what with all the praises. Only question, is it XFS filesystem enabled?

--
Andrew Mathews