On Tue, 18 Mar 2003 23:57:32 -0500
Jerry McBride <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Mar 2003 20:12:10 -0700 Collins Richey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> --snip--
>
> > Life in Denver has now turned to the white side - 1+ foot on the ground and 1+
> > more expected overnight.  My daughter is overjoyed by two days off school.
> >

> Two feet and only missing 2 days of school? Hmmm... We get 3 inches here and
> life comes to a stand still... total silence... hell... even the snow plows
> venture with care... :')

It's looking more like 3 days off at this point.  I've got about 3 feet in my front
yard (southerly winds and drifts).  The airport is shutdown.  I have to shovel a
tunnel every 3 hours for the dog to go pee.

We only get a storm like this one every 10 years or so.  Fortunately I stood in the
long lines to get in some grocieries Monday night, so we're all set.  I have a home
work setup with my marvelous (<g>) Win2K laptop and the cable connection, so I can get
done what I need to.  I imagine it will be a minimal staff on duty or shutdown today
at work.  Just learned that the bus system has shutdown (all 12 buses they tried at
5AM got stuck).

At least the radio has a new topic to replace people grumbling about GWB!

Stay safe.

--
Collins