On Tue, 18 Mar 2003 20:12:51 -0500
Jerry McBride <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Mar 2003 16:44:31 -0700 Andrew Mathews
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> > Oh no... here goes Collins. <g>
> >

> It isn't all that bad... :') The darkside has merits.
>
> >Seriously, I'm gonna have to try it,
> > what with all the praises. Only question, is it XFS filesystem enabled?
> >

> It's there, you just have to take a few extra steps when you install... Be sure
> to print the install instructions before you go off-line and a high speed
> connection wouldn't hurt either.

Yep, gentoo has every imaginable variety of kernel, including XFS, but in fairness to
the curmudgeon, it's not fully LSB compliant, nor is it likely to be until LSB comes
up with a sensible approach for multiple versions of KDE, etc.

Life on the dark side is pretty good, but I wouldn't want to try it without a high
speed internet connection.  Interestingly enough, one of the gentoo core developers
worked via modem last time I knew.

Life in Denver has now turned to the white side - 1+ foot on the ground and 1+ more
expected overnight.  My daughter is overjoyed by two days off school.

--
Collins