Yes I am using LPRng.  I looked at /etc/lpd.perms and DEFAULT ACCEPT is the
last line.  I looked on the RH website and read everything I could and have
added /etc/hosts.lpd to list all of the hosts that will print.  Restarted lpd
on all systems, and still the same "no connect permissions".  I just can't
figure out what is going on.  I may try rlpr as a work around (if that will
even work).

I've compared my configuration with the one at work and they are just about
identical, so I am pretty much stumped.

Anyway, my husband and son are getting quite annoyed with me because they
always have to ask me to get something printed from one of the other
machines...They keep asking, "When are you going to fix printing?".

Sigh

Joel Hammer wrote:
> Are you using LPRng? If so, have you looked at /etc/lpd.perms?
> Here is all I have in mind:
> DEFAULT ACCEPT
> Joel
>
> On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 04:05:22AM -0800, Susan Macchia wrote:
> > Ok, so I tried removing the filter on strider (remember gandalf has the
> > printer, strider is a client trying to print to gandalf's printer; both run
RH

=====