On Sunday 20 July 2003 08:48 am, tom marinis wrote:

> Start ==> My Network Places ==> Local Area Connection ==>
>
>  { I don't know if you can right click that one or not}
>
>     Internet Protocol TCP/IP Properties==>
>
> In the General Dialogue box, you should have at the top
> something that says 'Connect using ' and your NIC
> descriptor.

BIG SNIP

> I would, if I were you, select the 'USE the following IP'
> and fill out the IP and Subnet info that you had before
> here.

Ok now I follow you, however the way to get there is now very different.

> Then move further downward, and select the 'Use the
> following DNS server addresses', and fill in the Primary
> and Secondary DNS server ip addresses for this computer.
> You may have to move on to the ADVANCED SECTION to fill
> in the settings.

I have done this already and setup as per the mail, 192.168.1.2
255.255.255.0 and gateway 192.168.1.1

Those are all the IP's that i can use seeing that I do not have access
to any DNS IP's. Optusnet use dymanic only.

> Click okay once, make sure that your at the General box
> for 'Local Area Connection Properties', and move the mouse
> pointer over the NIC icon again, and click on the icon.
>

> The new network settings should take effect right about
> then.
>
> I'd open the browser and try to surf a webpage to see if
> the settings took.

Linux box sees the internet ok from the cable modem and other nic
eth1. I setup eth0 192.168.1.1 and 255.255.255.0. The cable modem is also usb
and it sees that as another nic, so I disabled it.

--
Keith Antoine (GANDALF) aka 'SKIPPY'
18 Arkana St, The Gap, Queensland 4061, Australia:: PH:61733002161