On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 18:58:48 -0400
Keith Antoine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[snip]

> If I can ping one way why not the other ?

I've seen this stupidity from Windoze before.  Pings from Linux work,
but from XP, no.  Could be one of several things:
1.  netmask on the XP computer
2.  second interface the XP system wants to use instead of the correct
one (especially bad for gateway)
3.  necessary service not installed (is this wired with Cat5 or a
wireless signal -- if wireless, you need QOS service installed)

Review _all_ the networking stuff in XP.  Remove and reinstall all of it
if necessary.

Ciao,

David A. Bandel
                Nemesis Racing Team motto
GPG key autoresponder:  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]