-----Original Message-----
From: ronnie gauthier [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2003 2:07 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 06:04:34 -0400 - Michael Scottaline <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
the following
Re: Re: [OT] I can't belive this can be happen ????????

I dont think that anything seen on the surface is SCO's real intention.

Linux has taken a huge bite out of the *nix market and as a result
commercial UNIX is not worth as much as it once was and related incomes are also
dropping fast. Now we all know that if there is any bad code in the kernal any
developer has already seen it(or cant reliably prove they didnt) and it will be
difficult to continue as is. SCO could possibly stop the distribution of any
kernal 2.4 and later. Which is what they want to, and will if a judge
allows/agrees to it. But I dont think they want license fees because surely
their planned binary only distribution is a violation of the GPL and they will
be barred from distributing it. Now we have a mexican stand off with UNIX the
clear winner.

I dont believe in a conspiricy around every corner but...
SCO did not plan this alone
M$ was much happier when it was a *nix/Win playing field
M$ would do anything in its power to make it so again

As Captain Picard would say, "Make it so number one".