On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 18:22:39 -0500
Alma J Wetzker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Matt, No offense taken.  I was just getting a col box on the net (I
> mostly do development so the net wasn't critical) and I wanted to
> share the dialup connection with other machines on the home network.
> All the FAQ's and howto's told me how to setup ipchains.  So I went
> and found ipchains and loaded it up. nothing ever worked right.  I do
> know IP networking but I don't know *nix real well.  I finally asked
> for help and was told, bluntly, to pay attention and use iptables.
> (See 'if linux were cars')

Stick around Alma.  This group (like most others) is a mixture of those
who are knowledgable and who will help anyone who asks and those who
sometimes give the impression that anyone who hasn't reached their
exalted level of understanding must be a troll.  I've learned a lot
here, helped out some, and been called a troll.  A thick skin helps.

--
Collins Richey - Denver Area
if you fill your heart with regrets of yesterday and the