Ken Moffat wrote:

Klaus-Peter Schrage wrote:

... to all Americans on this list for Lance Armstrong's fifth Tour de France victory.
I hope you know what I'm talking about - cycling doesn't seem to be very popular in the US, in spite of Lance.
For me, the TdF is the sports event of the year.
Klaus

Did you see the ride yesterday on that wet course? Or a few days ago when the rider fell and broke 3 bones? Quite an event. This is the first time I've watched a lot of it. I never thoght of cycling as that dangerous. Quite an event. Armstrong is quite an athlete. (as are they all).

Ken.

I'm full of admiration for those guys. Some years ago, I did one of those notorious mountains of the Tour, the Mont Ventoux, on a road bike. It takes those riders about one hour to get up to the summit, and it took me the whole afternoon ...
Klaus