On Sunday 27 July 2003 09:11 am, Klaus-Peter Schrage wrote:
> ... to all Americans on this list for Lance Armstrong's fifth Tour de
> France victory.
> I hope you know what I'm talking about - cycling doesn't seem to be
> very popular in the US, in spite of Lance.
> For me, the TdF is the sports event of the year.
> Klaus

Thanks!  Cycling is certainly popular where I live (up in the coastal
mountains south of San Francisco) and we always seem to see an
increased number of teams on some of the Category 2 climbs leading up
to and during the Tour.  But I think that a lot of the attraction of
the Tour would be to actually see it in France, not just on television.

--
Tony Alfrey
[EMAIL PROTECTED]