On 07/28/03 19:53, Rick Sivernell wrote:

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 21:59:40 -0400
dep <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

quoth Rick Sivernell:
| Suse users needed<g>
|
|    Got myself a copy of suse 8.0 pro. most evertything is working ok,
| but not ifconfig. This was a full fresh install over Caldera 3.1.1.
| Now cardctl status ident and config is proper as it should be. pcmcia
| start says it is ok but when I do ifconfig all I get is lo setup and
| running. it seems to be about one step away from complete. I set
| everythoing per Yast2, but that failed to set
| /etc/pcmcia/network.opts at all. I fixed that, Not sure what to do
| next here.

DEP

   Suse Installed lilo, I did find a acpi=y set it to off and rebooted. no joy.
I have found that the system is using axnet_ca it should be pcnet_cs. Can not
find where to change it at. Found it on the last line of dmesg. boot fine and
acts as if pcmcia is ready, dongle has all lights bright, cardctl says it is good
and it finds the proper card Linksys pcmpc 100. just no ifconfig for pcmcia.

I think the pcmcia modules are defined somewhere like /etc/pcmcia/pcmcia.opts. grep through /etc/pcmcia, assuming that SuSE puts their pcmcia stuff in there.

-- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ L. Friedman [EMAIL PROTECTED] Linux Step-by-step & TyGeMo: http://netllama.ipfox.com

9:00pm up 13 days, 23:43, 1 user, load average: 0.65, 0.41, 0.39