Lots of people wrote too much to quote.

Between reminiscing about eDesk 2.4 and favorite brews, this is becoming another eDesk 2.4 wake.
Not that that is a bad thing.  How many other distro's of the past command such fond loyalty?

I still keep eDesk 2.4 on an old P 233 box.  It is a word processing station.  I installed WordPerfect Office 2000/linux on it and it runs flawlessly.
Performance is quite satisfactory, since KDE 1.1 imposes so little system overhead. My only gripe is that I could never get a Netscape 4.7x upgrade to work on it.
My eDesk 2.4 system will be doing my correspondence for me indefinitely.

--
Leon A. Goldstein