On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 13:05:47 +1000
Keith Antoine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 08:29 am, Leon A. Goldstein wrote:
> > Lots of people wrote too much to quote.
> >
> > Between reminiscing about eDesk 2.4 and favorite brews, this is
> > becoming another eDesk 2.4 wake.
> > Not that that is a bad thing.  How many other distro's of the past
> > command such fond loyalty?
>
> I still wonder though how much the excellent mailing list contributed
> to its success.

In my case the ratio was:

10% - Caldera was the first distro that would actually install on my
old hardware (K6/II with a SIS video chip).  I did not get tremendous
support directly from Caldera.
90% - the best mailing list (still is) on the planet.  The list solved
my ppp problem (Caldera struck out) in short order.

eD 2.4 was ok, but I never had a love affair with it.

--
Collins Richey - Denver Area
if you fill your heart with regrets of yesterday and the