On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 08:10:44 +1000
Keith Antoine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Yes that showed it Tim, however as Lonni said I need the devel of that
> which I cannot find anywhere.
>
> I have the tarball of gtk+2.2.2 but it will not compile because the
> glib version I have is incorrect. So I have compiled glib 2.2.2 but
> that is not enough, or because its a tarball its not seen. or ATK is
> the wrong version but the best i can see is 1.2.4 and the compile
> wants 2.1.4. Sh** its just a merry-go-round.

My sympathies; been there, done that.

That's why I gave up on the RPM based distros.  My distro takes a few
days of compiling, but all the appropriate runtime, devel, and
documentation entities are filed oway where they belong, and I never
need to worry about the dependancies.

Alas, as dep would say, when you're done, all you've got is gentoo, the
distro for crazies. <grin>

--
Collins Richey - Denver Area
if you fill your heart with regrets of yesterday and the