On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 09:17:09 -0400
Joel Hammer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I must disagree. This worm writer has performed a great public
> service. Making people patch their computers. MS should be writing
> worms like this.

I know a lot of folks who don't want to patch their computers because
some of these patches come with changed EULAs they don't want to accept.
 Unfortunately, they also can't change over to Linux because some
programs they use/need are only written for M$.  Catch-22.  Isolating
these systems off-network is also not an option since many folks need to
share the hundreds of files used by these systems with  offices in
different countries.  Basically, they're screwed and just have to make
do.  So they spend thousands hoping the anti-virus folks can keep up
(which they can't).  A really lamentable situation.

Ciao,

David A. Bandel
                Nemesis Racing Team motto
GPG key autoresponder:  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]