On Sat, Aug 16, 2003, burns wrote:
>Code that causes this much disruption of commerce is anything but
>benign. These are more than just the digital equivalent of a rck thrown
>through a window, they suck up huge amounts of bandwidth, both as people
>attempt to deal with them and for the fact that many carry DDoS
>elements, plus they cause significant loss in productivity.
>
>The people that write and launch these programs in the wild should
>caught and forced to do something really unpleasant for a very long

The people who deploy Windows systems on the Internet should be held
accountable for endangering their organization's data and systems (not to
mention lost productivity while waiting for Windows systems to reboot
unnecessarily).  It's not like these worms are any surprise.  I know I've
been warning people of the dangers of using Windows on public networks for
at least ten years now.

Bill

With Congress, every time they make a joke it's a law; and every time
they make a law it's a joke.
                -- Will Rogers