On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 20:52:17 -0500
Alan Jackson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 19:04:41 -0400
> "Brett I. Holcomb" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Did you use makeconfig to define whatever it takes to make the
> > module compile?
> >
> > Alan Jackson wrote:
> >
> > > I installed Gentoo a week ago, and it has mostly been quite
> > > smooth.
> > >
> > > However.... some, but not all, of my modules missed getting
> > > compiled. In particular, usb/printer doesn't seem to want to
> > > compile. I ran make modules_install
> > > and it didn't help. I get no errors, I just don't get a
> > > printer.o file created. Any suggestions?
> > >
> > > This is making it hard for me to print!
> > >

> Thanks!
>
> What it took was
> make config
> make dep
> make modules
>
> Is there a file I could edit instead of running make config? It has
> *way* too many questions!

Read my previous post a little more carefully, but then maybe I was too
cryptic.  make menuconfig allows you to reload a config that you have
saved, then make a few changes, then save your changes under your
preferred name, then save the .config for make dep ...

--
Collins Richey - Denver Area
if you fill your heart with regrets of yesterday and the