On Mon, 2003-10-06 at 10:42, Tom Wilson wrote:

> Is there a way to import mail from kmail with Evolution.  I messed with
> using it when I initially setup op this pc but I couldn't get all my
> mail from Kmail to import to it.  Same problem with sylpheed.  So I
> stuck with using Kmail.
>
> I use Evolution at work (As I send these e-mails from it) and I like it
> ok.

>From Ximian HELP:
Ximian Evolution can import the following types of files:

VCard (.vcf, gcrd):

        The addressbook format used by the GNOME, KDE, and many other
        contact management applications. You should be able to export to
        VCard format from any address book application.

iCalendar (.ics):

        A format for storing calendar files. iCalendar is used by PalmOS
        based handhelds, Ximian Evolution, and Microsoft Outlook.

Microsoft Outlook Express 4 (.mbx):

        Email file format used by Microsoft Outlook Express 4. For other
        versions of Microsoft Outlook and Outlook Express, see the
        workaround described in the note below.

MBox (mbox):

        The email box format used by Mozilla, Netscape, Ximian
        Evolution, Eudora, and many other email clients.

To import your old email:

     1. Click File->Import.

     2. Click Next after reading the Welcome screen.

     3. Select Import a single file.

     4. Find the file that you wish to import into Evolution.

     5. Click Import

--
burns