In order to get rid of BM, you need to use a BM rescue floppy or BM installed
on a windows partition.  You will break things if you try fdisk /mbr from a
dos/win boot floppy and if you try to overwrite it with either grub or lilo.
Personally, I wish that Caldera hadn't offered it, but it was a stop-gap
method when lilo had the 1024 cyl barrier.  I don't know why they had it on
eD2.4 since grub was offered and installed by default when one used Lizard to
install.  Is BM and/or PM offered with eW3.1 box set?  If so, we'll keep
getting questions and problems with people using it.  I think Caldera was the
only distro that offered this.

Jim

--

 10:42pm  up 1 day, 11:46,  2 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00