On Wed, 18 Jul 2001 15:25:35 -0700 (PDT)
Net Llama <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Whoa...slackware packages?  I'm using the precompiled binary packages
> for XFree86-4.1.0 directly from xfree86.org.  I have no clue what
> slackware is distributing.

They distribute binaries for xf-4.1.0 compiled under Slackware with AA
fonts built in. There have been a couple of complaints about X on the
slackware-devel list but mostly it boiled down to PEBKAC type errors and
none mentioned the i810 specifically that i saw. Mine was one of those
complaints and, in my case, it was a collection of dust puppies wreaking
havoc - a half hour spent cleaning out the case worked wonders.

The one thing that is most definately screwed up with Slackware is KDE,
whoever built it did *something* very wrong. I just built kde2.2beta1
here and it works way better - faster starts, no crashes and all the kde
menu items actually work including all the koffice stuff.

myles

> --- David Aikema <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Ok... that device section looks exactly like what I've got.... these
> > distortion problems happened to me also when I tried to install
> > eworkstation 3.1 or I'd be inquiring if there might be a problem
> with
> > some of the slackware packages.  Quite frankly, I'm stumped now.
> >
> > David Aikema

Myles Green Calgary AB Canada
Linux Step by Step Mirror:
http://linuxsteps.webjump.com/