On Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 10:59:56AM -0400, Michael W. Holdeman wrote:

>I found when installing Suse 7.2 pro on my laptop and configured much the
>same way (reiser for /, /boot, /home, everything) that it worked fine for IDE
>disks, but if /boot was Reiser on a SCSI you had to load teh ReiserFS as a
>module and boot using initrd.

It's been my experience that any modular SCSI kernel requires
initrd.  Requiring the reiserfs module makes sense, but may not
have been the killer.

Bill

``A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion,
accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give
orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch
manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die
gallantly.  Specialization is for insects.'' Robert Heinlein