> From: David A. Bandel [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> >         Does Reiser FS work for / partitions?
>
> reiserfs will work on any partition -- caveat: your kernel must be
> compiled with reiserfs included (not a module). Then even /boot can be
> reiserfs.

I've run into a problem with a new hard drive and a ReiserFS installed on
it.  My current suspicion is that the BIOS must also accept/handle the
ReiserFS for it to be able to boot from a drive formatted in that manner.

My reason for assuming this is that I have installed SuSE 7.2 Pro on a new
hard drive, and the Bios tells me there is an Hard Drive Failure if I try to
boot from it.  But if I boot from CD or floppy I can not only see that
installation, but access it, as well.

Does anyone know if this is the case?  Or a way to circumvent this problem
if so?

I haven't found a BIOS update that mentions file system type.  I am
reluctant to re-install (for the third time) if this won't fix the problem.

   In Harmony's Way, and In A Chord,

   Tom  :-})

| Thomas A. Condon        email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] |
| Computer Engineer       phone: (360) 315-7609            |
| Barbershop Bass Singer    Sailor and Singer of Chanties  |
| Left Handed and In My Right Mind                         |
| "If you want to know what God thinks about money, just   |
|  look at the people He gives it to." -- Old Irish Saying |