On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 01:20:09PM -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>I haven't watched this thread, but the code red worm should not affect you
>if you use *nix as your mail and web servers

Actually one of my Linux-only customers was affected by this last week, not
because of anything to do with Linux, but because they're on ADSL with a
Cisco DSL ``modem'' which was hit.  It appears that some Cisco equipment
runs a web server that was vulnerable to the attack.

Of course I have to ask why anybody wouldn't have already either turned off
the web interface on their router, or at least put in filters to restrict
access to it to just those people who should be doing the administration?

Then again, I've never been able to figure out why responsible people run
Windows on anything critical.

Bill

When you have an efficient government, you have a dictatorship.
                -- Harry Truman