Thank you to Michael Scottaline and Lee as well for you replies. As
indicated I have managed to get "the netscape browser part" to work only. In
regards to the settings for email I have been in and out of the "Preference"
section of the Communicator several times, following the graphic
instructions on the Mandrake-Linux site.
I cannot see how I made an error, but, it certainly could have happened.
Anyway I am open to try other things. Thank you/

Tony