On Tuesday 14 August 2001 16:44, Terence McCarthy babbled:

> I think I may have to unsub myself, Douglas, if you have to take
> similar action again, because of what appears to be a few people's
> reactions. One of the things I cannot stand is the idea of Political
> Correctness, and one-size-fits-all ideas and opinions.

nor I in all honesty. In fact, I found the humor refreshing, and I added the
pic to my rotating backgrounds..

> I appreciate you have to take into account all shades of opinion on an open
> forum, but, as Michael has pointed out, no-one was forced to open his
> attachment, and when the jokes started running, no-one was forced to follow
> the thread. Still less did they have to leave the list for a single
> instance of a photograph of a young woman being posted (as an attachment)
> or a joke that sparked a half-dozen slightly/rather/insert-own-adjective
> off-colour responses.

I concur. And perhaps they will return to the list in the future with a
little more "understanding"...
I just wanted to post a gentle reminder to everyone...

> Nobody posting intended or wished to offend anyone, I am certain, and the
> list is not going to change its general tone and values over one or two
> posts.

And I would not want it to!

--
Douglas J. Hunley ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) - Linux User #174778
Admin: http://hunley.homeip.net/        Admin: http://linux.nf/

~~ Now offering Linux admin services for the home user ~~

Smith & Wesson: The original Point and Click interface.