I'm running Mandrake Freq on my workstations, and we use various (released)
versions on our servers.  I like it because it provides compatibility with
redhat-isms without their focus on the bleeding edge.  I've had very few
compatibility problems when using it, and it's been quite stable.  There are
those who have had issues with 8.0, but  I haven't had any problems so far
except having to unalias rm, cp, and so forth so they don't keep asking me
stupid questions.