Previously, Douglas J. Hunley chose to write:
> On Saturday 22 September 2001 02:14, Myles Green babbled:
> > You're welcome. Oh, it wasn't real? I didn't try going beyond the index
> > page. There are a few places where you can get dynamic redirecting to
> > your machine if you don't have a permanent IP address...
>
> www.dyndns.org is what I use... a buddy uses www.dynip.org

dynip.com, or .org?
dynip.org requested a usercode/password for access.

dyndns.org looked interesting, especially the free part, but it seems that
I'd need to run a DNS server locally, or pay them to use theirs. I've got a
domain name, but I haven't done anything with it yet. I'd like to,
ultimately, have the domain point to my webserver. I also was looking at
dyndns.com, but they've got a yearly fee for their service.

This is new ground for me, so I'd like to find out as much as I can before
jumping in.

Regards,
Tim